43.392N) was a mercury mine in
the mountains of southern Oregon. Discovered in 1865, it produced about 66 tons per year
during the war years, making it the second largest producer of mercury in the wartime United States.
Cinnabar-bearing rock from the mine was crushed and fed into one of
three vertical furnaces, from which mercury vapors were condensed and
ReferencesOregon Department of Environmental Quality (accessed 2013-5-2)
The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia © 2008, 2013 by Kent G. Budge. Index