The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia
|Previous: Krakor||Table of Contents||Next: KRS Class, Japanese Submarines|
Krasnoyarsk (92.833E 56.017N) was founded in 1628 on the Yenisei River in central Siberia. Development was limited until the Trans-Siberian Railroad reached the city in 1896. The city became a major industrial center during the evacuation of the western Soviet Union after the German invasion in 1941.
The airfield here
formed part of the air bridge for Lend-Lease aircraft from Alaska.
The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia © 2007 by Kent G. Budge. Index
Comment on this article