The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia
|Previous: Peleliu||Table of Contents||Next: Peng Shan|
Pendleton Field (118.841W 45.695N) was an airfield in eastern Oregon. The airfield was original the municipal airport for the town of Pendleton, but was greatly expanded in 1941 by the Army. The airfield was ready for operations by June 1941. During the war, it served primarily as a training field for fighter pilots, and reverted to civilian use after the war.
When war broke out, the airfield based 17 Bombardment Group and 55 Pursuit Group.
Oregon History Project (2005; accessed 2013-10-30)
The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia © 2013 by Kent G. Budge. Index
Comment on this article