The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia
|Previous: DDT||Table of Contents||Next: De Ruyter, Dutch Light Cruiser|
Founded in 1912 as Airco, the company was purchased in 1920, during the postwar aircraft slump, by its chief designer, de Havilland, who renamed it after himself. de Havilland specialized in innovative aircraft designs, such as the DH-4 bomber of the First World War and the Mosquito of the Second World War. Between the wars, the company produced the successful Moth line of biplanes.
U.S. Centennial of Flight Commission (accessed 2009-12-16)
The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia © 2009 by Kent G. Budge. Index
Comment on this article