graduate

Camp Kearny

Camp Kearny (117.13W 32.87N) was a First World War Army barracks located north of San Diego that had been converted to a government airfield. The Marines had taken over the airfield by the time war broke out, and 1 Marine Aircraft Wing relocated here by the end of 1941. The camp included 9000 acres of land and eventually included a recruit training depot.

The alternate spelling "Kearney" was also frequently used.

Road connections

San Diego


References

California State Military Museum (accessed 2008-6-27)

Rottman (2002)



Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional