The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia
|Previous: Lahaina||Table of Contents||Next: Lai Ju-hsiung|
Lahore (74.313E 31.563N) has been settled since ancient times, but the city first became important in 1022 when it became an Afghan administrative center. It changed hands many times over the centuries, eventually falling into British hands in 1849. It is an agricultural center, noted for the Pearl Mosque and other architectural works.
The RAF maintained a training
airfield here during the
Saunders (1954; accessed 2016-8-24)
The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia © 2006 by Kent G. Budge. Index
Comment on this article