The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia
|Previous: Paso Robles||Table of Contents||Next: Patani|
Naval Historical Center #66854-A
|Tonnage||12,650 tons fully loaded|
|Dimensions||486'6" by 55' by 26'
148.29m by 16.76m by 7.92m
|Maximum speed||14.5 knots|
4 3"/50 AA guns
8 20mm Oerlikon AA guns
||2-shaft quadruple expansion reciprocating (6500 shp)
3 Yarrow boilers
158,250 cubic feet (4481 m2) refrigerated
17,080 cubic feet (484 m2) unrefrigerated
The Pastores were former United Fruit cargo vessels converted to provisions ships in 1942-43. They were equipped with 20-ton booms and refrigerated cargo spaces. Pastores was built in 1913 and had also been chartered by the Navy during the First World War.
The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia © 2007, 2012 by Kent G. Budge. Index
Comment on this article