The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia
|Previous: Roberts, Ouvry L.||Table of Contents||Next: Rock Creek|
(115.01W 39.26N) Copper was first discovered in the Robinson district in 1868, but the isolation of the area prevented large-scale exploitation until 1908. (Robinson is located almost at the center of the Great Basin.) Production was about 78,000 tons of copper, 750 tons of molybdenum, and 70,000 ounces of gold per year in 1941. The Robinson mines remained in production throughout most of the 20th century.
GreatBasinHeritage.org (accessed 2011-3-16)
Van Royen and Bowles (1952)
The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia © 2007, 2011 by Kent G. Budge. Index
Comment on this article