graduate

Benson

Benson (110.345W 31.961N) was a rail junction in southeast Arizona, named for the president of the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1880. The local economy was originally based on local silver and copper mining. Artesian wells drilled in the 1890s turned the town into a ranching center, preventing it from becoming a ghost town. The town also became a center for explosives manufacture.

Rail connections

East Coast

Fort Huachuca

Tucson


References

Wilharm (accessed 2014-6-5)



Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional