The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia
|Previous: Fort Hayden||Table of Contents||Next: Fort Hunter Liggett|
Fort Huachuca (110.335W
31.583N) was established in 1882
and became the headquarters for the manhunt for Geronimo in 1886. In
1913, it became
the home of the African-American "Buffalo Soldiers"
of the 10th Cavalry
Regiment. At the beginning of the Pacific War, it was the home of 25 Regiment, which eventually became part of 93 Division and left for the Pacific in 1943.
Maximum troop strength during the war was 30,000. Following the
departure of 93 Division, the fort was used to train 92 Division for the
war in Europe.
Official U.S. Army home page (accessed 2014-2-15)
The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia © 2006, 2014 by Kent G. Budge. Index
Comment on this article